We welcome you to participate in our volunteer service programs in Ecuador. We organize two weeks, four weeks, six weeks, two months, and three months programs, every month of the year.
- Every person may volunteer in FEVI projects, as long as you are 18 years old or older, enthusiastic and motivated to share your time with people who need your assistance. As long as you are flexible and compassionate, and show feelings of solidarity and empathy with underprivileged people.
- There is no Spanish language requirement. However, it will help you a lot to communicate with local people if you learn some Spanish before you come to Ecuador.
- There is no visa requirement. Your passport is enough to visit Ecuador for up to three months.
- Opportunities include organizing recreational activities for children, helping feed babies or elderly people, assisting with sports activities, serving food, teaching in schools and helping kids with homework, and showing people how to use computers and administrative work. All while making people smile!
- We have various placements around Ecuador, please reference the Projects Page for detailed information.
- The schedule is flexible according to your project needs.
- Once you choose a project you will get more specific information about your project duties.
Orientation and Social Activities
Once you arrive in Ecuador you will participate in an orientation program that includes, cultural adaptation talks, safety and staying healthy talks, museum and sites of interest visits.All these activities are designed for you to introduce you into Ecuadorian way of life and to make you feel welcome into your new learning and service experience.
Housing and Meals
FEVI will arrange and provide your housing and meals. You will be staying with a native host family. Your family will provide your housing and meals.
We offer optional Spanish lessons at University level.Spanish lessons emphasize oral communication, with visits to open markets, malls, parks to interact with local people. Spanish program includes cultural training.
You must be covered by international health insurance.
- You may work on several projects at one time.
- We have a program coordinator to assist you with your work, health, local culture, transportation and any other inquiries you may have.
- All your ideas and creativity in your work site will be much appreciated.